Want to Make Lasting Change in Rural Nova Scotia?
The Rural Communities Foundation of Nova Scotia (RCFofNS) is seeking a new director to join our board.
RCFofNS is dedicated to building a diverse Board of Directors that accurately represents the communities we serve. A director’s position is open to those living in rural communities of Nova Scotia. We welcome nominations from racialized, LGBTQ+, differently abled, and gender diverse Canadians, First Nations, Métis, as well as youth 18 years of age or older. As a provincial organization, applications can come from participants living in rural Nova Scotia (outside of Halifax and Sydney).
Role of Our Directors:
- attend monthly board meetings via zoom
- partake in working committees based on various projects and report at monthly board meetings
- attend 2-3 physical meetings in Truro per year
- share the values, mission and goals of our community foundation
- a interest in philanthropy is a definite asset
- the successful candidate must be prepared to be an ambassador of the Rural Communities Foundation of Nova Scotia
This is a volunteer position.
If you are interested in joining the board, please submit the Expression of Interest by March 15th, 2021.
Your expression of interest should include a brief letter outlining the contribution you would like to make to the RCFofNS board. Experience with financial management, endowment building, and awareness of rural issues are assets. It is important that RCFofNS reflects community diversity and consideration of this may be part of the final selection process. You should have a comfort level using technology as the majority of meetings are held online or via conference call.
New board members will be appointed at the Annual General Meeting in May 2021.